Soudal SMX polymer leading the way
Date Posted:1 August 2017
For decades, polyurethane adhesives and sealants have lead the Australian market in sales, however we are seeing rapid growth in the market share of MS hybrid polymer technology.
What are MS polymers?
Modified silyl polymers were invented in Japan in 1978 by the Kaneka Corporation. MS polymer adhesives and sealants are engineered to combine the strength of polyurethane with the weather resistance and flexibility of silicone. Unlink polyurethane based products, MS polymers are free of solvents and isocyanates offering an environmentally friendly solution which is safe for the applicator.
Soudal SMX polymer - the market leader
The Soudal company was and early adopter of MS polymers, for 30 years they have been working with MS polymer technology and through endless hours of research and development Soudal’s SMX polymer was born. SMX polymer boasts significant advancements over traditional MS polymers including; increased tensile and shear strengths, increased elastic modulus and increased UV stability. Soudal utilizes their SMX polymer in a vast range of products for all applications in the construction industry including; joint sealing, elastic bonding, timber flooring, glazing and expansion foams.
- T-Rex fast grab – the strongest adhesive sealant on earth.
- T-Rex crystal – the clearest adhesive sealant on the market.
- T-Rex turbo – the fastest curing adhesive sealant known to man.
- Multibond SMX50 seal & stick – the economical all rounder.
- Mulitbond SMX35 seal & stretch – the ideal joint sealant for all applications.
- Soudafoam SMX – the world’s first MS expansion foam.
- SMX 20 Plus – the high-performance timber flooring adhesive.
Benefits of Soudal SMX polymer
- Extreme shear and tensile strength.
- Superior elastic modulus and maximum elongation
- High initial tack and adhesion to almost all substrates.
- Excellent UV stability and weather resistance.
- Low VOC & free of isocyanates and other carcinogens.
- Easy gunnability, even at low temperatures.
- Faster curing rate and skin formation time.